Moving Essentials Box lists:Pack these essentials for the first night in your new home. This box, or boxes should not be packed into the moving truck, but kept in the vehicle for quick access. They also will ensure, especially in the first few days, that that the family is family safe, secure, and happy.
Learn More about Johnson Moving Services
However, Moving takes a lot out of people, and keeping track of all your contents in packing boxes isn’t easy. Preparing and packing a “Moving Day Essentials” box will save you a lot of stress and worry, to help keep you prepared for the whole moving process. Here’s a list of contents we recommend having in the box to make your life easier after moving day:
Move Out Checklist: The bare minimum
- All-purpose cleaner
- Non-perishable foods + cutlery
- (for pet owners) Pet food and dishes
- Small emergency kit (band-aids, disinfectants, etc..)
- Medical cards, passports, other important documents
- Valuables (so you know where they safely are)
- Change of clothes
- Insurance and birth certificates, passports
- address book
Talk to the Moving Professionals for Further Moving Tips
- Pack like your going on vacation!
- Before the Moving Truck Arrives
- Preparation is key
- Before Moving Day: ensure packing boxes are labelled, the house is cleaned and all errands are complete before the moving trust arrives
This is just a few items we recommend having in your Moving Day Essentials box. This list can vary, depending on the kind of move it is. Maybe you need more things, or even less, this is just a standard guideline that will help you get a better idea of what you need to have in case of an emergency. Happy Moving!